Freida Pinto Talks Mumbai, Bollywood with W » Gossip

Freida Pinto Talks Mumbai, Bollywood with W » Gossip | Freida Pinto
 Freida Pinto


Freida Pinto Talks Mumbai, Bollywood with W » Gossip - With her new movie "Trishna" having just hit theaters earlier this month, Freida Pinto continued her promotions by landing herself a feature in the August 2012 issue of W magazine.

The 27-year-old Indian actress, who rose to fame thanks to her role in "Slumdog Millionaire", chatted with the publication about everything from her days as a youth in Mumbai to her thoughts on Bollywood.

Highlights from Miss Pinto's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to W!

On her childhood in Mumbai:
"Completely different! I was such a freakin' defiant kid. When my mom watched the film, she actually found it really hard to watch. She said when she watched Miral she saw a lot of me in it, because I do play a very defiant girl in Miral. But when she saw this, she was like, 'For the first time I didn't see you in the character because there was nothing of it that was you. Except for the time when you come alive when you dance.'"

On Bollywood's influence on her while growing up:
"I danced to all Hindi song numbers growing up, they're so embedded in us culturally that we cannot escape it. But I grew up watching all kinds of films, I really give due credit to my parents, my dad who wanted me to watch older Indian cinema not just the newer one, which is more of a commercial affair. And my sister made me watch a lot of international cinema. So growing up I actually found myself veering towards the international films because I just felt it spoke to a larger group of people. And the Bollywood part of it was really amazing, because it's a massive celebration, it's a lot of feel good, so in that sense it hooked me, but I have to have a mix of both: I have to have the feel good films and I need to have something that has social relevance."

On if she'd ever do a Bollywood movie:
"I enjoy doing independent film, so if an independent film comes out of India, I'll be so happy."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Fashion Glamour and Gossip. All Rights Reserved.