Rihanna Begs Dead Grandmother to 'Send a Message' on Twitter » Gossip - Pop superstar Rihanna seems to be having a blast on her private yacht getaway, but she's still grappling with the recent death of her grandmother — in a very public way, no less. Also in music news, Lady Gaga is being sued, Carly Rae Jepsen is refusing to spill details on her collaboration with Justin Bieber, and Taylor Hanson has a baby girl on the way.
• Though her days are filled with jet skiing and seductive posing, Rihanna is still mourning her late grandmother Dolly, who passed away earlier this summer after a lengthy bout with cancer.
On Wednesday, the singer — who is rumored to have rekindled a relationship with ex Chris Brown — posted a couple of somber, searching tweets that indicate the singer's life isn't exactly the beach party it appears to be. "I wish u were here... Got so many questions and you always had answers #grangranDOLLY," the singer wrote. "Send a message in the wind of something please #grangranDOLLY."
• Ironically, the singer and a pal went parasailing on Tuesday on a gigantic smiley-face parachute.
• Lady Gaga is being sued for $10 million by MGA Entertainment Inc., the company that brought the world Bratz dolls. Bloomberg News reports that the singer and her management company have delayed the approval of a line of Gaga dolls, despite having been paid a $1 million advance fee.
I guess this means we'll have to settle for homemade Lady Gaga dolls for the time being.
• When she's not fending off sex tape rumors, Carly Rae Jepsen is refusing to talk about her duet with Justin Bieber.
"The Justin song, I'm kind of sworn to secrecy on because I think we want to release it together at one moment," Jepsen told MTV News. But she was game to talk about other collabs: "There's one particular song that I can't wait to share called 'This Kiss' that I wrote with Matthew Koma and Redfoo from LMFAO."
• Chris Brown has weighed in on the Jackson family feud, since people totally want to hear what he has to say.
• Taylor Hanson and his wife Natalie are expecting a baby girl. The Hansons already have four children together: Ezra, Penelope, River, and Viggo.
• My imaginary Norwegian boyfriend Sondre Lerche is offering the song "Boxing Day" for free download at Rolling Stone. He says the track "might be about branching out on your own and feeling that you're not quite carrying your own weight."
• There's a dearth of storyline-driven music videos these days, which makes the lushly cinematic new music video for Snowden's current single "The Beat Comes" that much more satisfying. Snowden, the moniker of Austin-based musician Jordan Jeffares, just signed to Kings of Leon's Serpents & Snakes Records. Catch Snowden on the East Coast over the next several weeks.